As a researcher within the Nuclear Materials Science institute, you are in charge of materials tests in heavy liquid metal installations. The job is full of challenging and multidisciplinary projects, often in close cooperation with other SCK•CEN research groups.
More specifically, your job includes the following aspects:
- convert research themes into achievable research projects in accordance with the MYRRHA research and qualification program;
- lead your research project in compliance with the objectives, planning and budget set out, including the related project reporting (project plan, progress reports, ...);
- autonomously and as part of a team, perform and monitor scientific experimental research;
- take care of the necessary procedures and authorization dossiers according to the directives and standards in force;
- critically analyze, interpret and process the results in scientific reports, journals and presentations;
- present the research results during (international) meetings, symposia, conferences, ...
- monitor and lead trainees, Master’s students and PhD students;
- travel abroad (international) and follow short internships for acquiring the necessary expertise and knowledge related to innovative techniques;
- initiate, broaden and maintain your professional network and work jointly with various universities, research institutions and companies for current and future projects.