The Business Developer is in charge of various analysis (market analysis, costing, resources availability, cost/benefits….) in order to build solid business plans for new market as well as for new investments to support market demands. He/she is also in charge of preparing and presenting corresponding plans to the relevant management (Institute Directors, Management Committee,…).
The Business Developer reports to the Head Commercial & Marketing a unit within the Business Development & Support Group.
She/he will then
• Track and update on a regular basis the various products and services that SCK•CEN can offer;
• Develop and maintain an active network of customers and (potential) partners as well as participating in relevant industrial associations
• In collaboration with experts, assess value creation of new products and services and how to capture this value;
• Write and asses business plan for projects ranging from +10.000€ to +1.000.000€;
• Identify required set of data and information in order to build solid business plans taking into account the specific R&D and nuclear dimensions of SCK•CEN activities (e.g. safety, radioprotection, non-proliferation, confidentiality…);
• Gather market intelligence to have an accurate understanding of market dynamics in order to adjust offering and support marketing efforts;
• Determine marketing strategies and support marketing activities in collaboration with the Market Specialist related to key SCK•CEN activities;
• Attend trade shows, conferences, seminaries and congresses relevant for business development activities;
• Support the legal group in order to design and build the right structures and agreements (potentially with third parties) to support business development and growth activities.
• You have a university degree (master) in sciences or applied sciences (preferably with a subsequent MBA) or in commercial engineering;
• You have at least 3 years of experience in international business development related to the sales and/or distribution of technological goods/services to large industrial or institutional entities;
• Having knowledge of contract R&D, nuclear energy and radioactivity is an asset;
• You have relevant experience in writing business plans and performing market analysis for products and services having a value from +10.000€ up to +1.000.000€;
• You are fluent in English and have a good understanding of Dutch and French (or willingness to learn the languages);
• You are flexible and willing to travel for limited period of time mainly in Europe and on an infrequent basis possibly in the rest of the world;
• You have relevant experience with complex sales and purchasing procedures in large organizations;
• You are keen to work in a nuclear facility located in Mol and in a scientifically driven environment;
• You have an analytical mindset with attention to details, you have good communication and inter-personal skills;
• You are customer oriented and have negotiation skills; you are not afraid to be autonomous and take initiatives while being a strong team player;
• You are ambitious and like to work in an international environment.